Thursday, November 6, 2008

In praise of laptops everywhere

I am not with-it technologically speaking.

Yes, I did work for a tech firm as a writer and editor. Yes, I did really write stuff about software solutions. And yes, I did learn the techie jargon.

But despite all that I only bought my first laptop last Thursday and I just got it up and running completely yesterday. I know, I know...I'm just a bit behind the times, however, I'm rapidly catching up.

Now I want a good reason to pack up my laptop and carry it around with me.

I work from home so I'll have to be creative, but I'm in a line of work that makes me uniquely qualified to be creative so that's half the battle, right?

Cool. I feel so mobile.

I can twirl around on top of an expansively green field (just like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music) while singing 'my laptop is alive with the sound of,' well, you get the idea.

No comments: